Causes Hair Loss
Causes Hair Loss
Hair loss significantly affects the appearance and make a person look older than his age. And who want to look older? The answer to this question undoubtedly is no one. There are many different reasons for hair loss such as lack of nutrition, hormonal changes, use of chemical hair products etc. In most people daily 50-100 hair shed; it is a normal rate of hair fall. This daily hair fall doesn’t make your scalp visible but this is not the case when a serious hair fall or hair loss occurs.
The causes of hair loss can differ in younger men, older men and women further because of the difference in their body hormones and bodily processes. To know the cause of a problem is the first step toward solving it. So here we are taking that first step toward solving the hair loss problem and that is to discuss the causes of hair loss. Though it is difficult to tell the exact reason for same. Some of the reasons are as below.
- 1. Family History or Heredity: Heredity plays very important role in hair conditions. It not only affects the hair condition but the age at which a person start losing hair, the extent of hair loss and even pattern of hair loss also.
- 2. Hormonal Changes: The change is a certain type of hormones considerably affect the hair condition. In a case of males, Dihydrotestosterone(DHT) sensitivity to hair follicles and in a case of women, the changes in hormones during pregnancy and menopause can affect hair and cause hair fall.
- 3. Change Immune System: In this case, body immune system starts attacking hair follicle considering them as antigen means a foreign substance in the body. This cause hair fall and then round patches on the scalp. This type of hair loss is called Alopecia Areata.
- 4. Infections : Dandruff is very common kind of problem but the reason for it can vary. Sometimes it is caused by dry skin and sometimes by the fungal infection. The cause of fungal infection can be sweat or wet hairs. Infections like ringworm invade the scalp skin and cause scaly patches and ultimately hair loss.
- 5. Skin disorders : Scarring is a skin disorder which destroys the hair follicles. This is replaced by scar tissue which causes a permanent type of hair loss. This is called scarring or Cicatricial alopecia.
Except these reasons, emotional stress, radiotherapy, excessive use of hair products can cause the hair fall in large number.