Hair Loss in Men
Hair Loss In Men
In men, hair loss is very common but the male pattern baldness which occurs because of hormonal changes. But there are many different reasons for hair loss in man and in general which affect man and women equally. A person who is experiencing hair loss or balding can lose his self-esteem which in turn can cost to his confidence especially if the hair-loss problem starts at a young age. Losing few hairs in a day is a common thing but if big chunks of hair are falling on a regular basis, then this could be a serious situation. Let’s see what are the causes and reasons of the hair loss in men.
Causes And Reasons of Hair Loss in Men
- Hormones Imbalance : The biochemical substance produced by different gland to control the bodily process is called hormones. Even the little change in it can highly affect the human body. Testosterone is a male sex hormone which gets converts in dihydrotestosterone in scalp’s cell. In the case of Androgenic Alopecia, the hair follicle gets sensitive to dihydrotestosterone and cause the hair fall in men. In this males start losing hair from the top of the head while the sides and back of the head still have hair. It takes M and later U shape baldness pattern. It is also known as male pattern baldness and this is the most common type of baldness in men.
- Hereditary: More often than not, heredity plays a big part in a man’s physical appearance and/or health. If a man has a history of baldness or hair loss in one of his parents, he is likely to inherit it from them.
- Auto-Immunity disorder: In this case, the immune system starts considering hair as its enemy and attack on it. This cause the damage of hair follicle which ultimately cause the hair loss. This reason of hair loss is common in both men and women. This type of hair fall is called Alopecia Areata.
- Thyroid Problems: Any trauma to body may it be caused by some illness, childbirth, surgery, depression, etc., it can trigger the hair loss. Thyroid problem can work as a trigger to hair fall. Trauma causes hair follicles to go into resting phase which causes hair fall. Although getting the treatment for thyroid problems can cause hair loss to stop.
- Infections : If a person does not take care of its hair properly and keep hair clean, it can cause scalp infections. Fungal infection like ringworm can cause damage to hair follicles and cause scaly patches on the scalp.
- Skin disorders: Cicatricial alopecia occurs because of skin disorder like scarring. In scarring, the scalp tissues are start converting into scar tissues and all the hair follicles get damaged in it and cause hair loss.
- Chemotherapy: This is the type of treatment which is used in case of cancer to kill rapidly dividing cells of cancer. As hair cells also rapidly divide, at the time chemotherapy, it also gets damaged which cause hair loss.